Dear Valued Patient,
As a patient of Spectrum Eye Care, thank you for allowing us to treat you, your family, and your friends. We value you as a part of our family and will do everything we can to protect your health and the health of our community. Our thoughts go out to all who have been affected by the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Currently, we plan on reopening on a limited schedule starting Monday, May 11th. All of our staff will be wearing masks and patients must also wear masks while in our offices. We will take both staff and patient temperatures at the door. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will be asked to go home/reschedule their appointment. We will ask patients to complete information via email or phone prior to their visit to limit the number of patients in our waiting area and time spent in the office. We will also be limiting the number of patients in our optical area; therefore, we recommend calling ahead to visit our opticians. The previously initiated safety steps below will remain in effect.
Here are steps we always take to keep you healthy – we encourage you to take these steps as well:
- Frequent and thorough hand washing
- Deep cleaning of counters, frames, doorknobs, etc. multiple times per day
- Sanitizing all areas of contact after every patient encounter
- Requiring any staff feeling ill with fever or cough to stay home
- Encouraging respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes
- Disinfecting eyewear before and after handling
Added measures we are taking:
- Respiratory shields for equipment in exam lanes
- Plexiglass barriers for places of closer contact (front desk, optical desks)
- Providing Telehealth exams when possible to lower the amount of diagnostic office visits
- Respecting patient space (keeping 6ft distance when possible and avoiding handshaking)
Some steps we ask our patients to take:
- Use the sanitizing products provided when:
- Checking in
- Handling eyewear
- Leaving our office
- Wash hands (20 second minimum) before exiting restroom
- Text or call to reschedule if you feel ill, have a fever or a cough
- Colony Road – 704-543-9000
- Uptown – 704-334-4444
- Langtree – 704-817-4600
- South End – 704-585- 8595
* If you are ill and have an emergency eye issue, please call our office and we will try to assist you over the phone and/or via email if possible.
In response to the coronavirus, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our shared areas, including the lobby, waiting area, door handles, etc.
Thank you for being a part of the SEC Family and entrusting us with your care. That is a responsibility that we do not take lightly.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call or email our team.